Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
When travelling as a digital nomad, it is important that you use a bag that will allow you to walk around easily and ideally blend in with the locals and not look like a tourist.
You want to have a bag that is secure, comfortable, and with storage and accessibility design that will allow you to pack your items safely and allow you to carry the bag easily wherever you go.
This one I bought and love it. I’ve owned my one for over 5 years and I can honestly say that it is the most comfortable bag that I’ve used to walk around with.
Whether I pack it lightly or more heavily, it sits comfortably on my back and it allows me to easily store my belongings.
- There are several compartments to store different items.
- It comes with rain protection.
- It can be accessed via the top, bottom, and the front.
- It is great to store your lightweight laptop.
- It has an extra waist strap to make it easier to carry.
- Handles are in great places to provide different packing and storage options. It’s very handy if you are travelling on buses, planes, and trains.
- It was great as cabin luggage as it would always be under 20kg (Usually 12-15kg on average)
This is a bag that I’m likely to keep for life.
The one I purchased was 40L, which was enough storage for 1 person. Although I would recommend carrying a day backpack as well.
This isn’t a cheap backpack. But you don’t want to get a cheap backpack.
Cheaper backpacks will cause more pain in your back when carrying and you will get more sweat marks on your back.
The shoulder straps may cause discomfort as well.
When it comes to using a backpack as a digital nomad, go for high-quality. Pay the extra price.
These bags hold their value as well, so you can always sell it in the future if you want to get some of your money back.
Prices for these rucksacks/backpacks start from $160.
Tip: When shopping for a bag, avoid very recognizable high-end bags that have logos such as “SwissGear”, as it can attract unwanted attention from would-be thieves.
Start your digital nomad journey today!